Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Site design update and Int'l Comics Festival report

Internationalized!!

As Tomoko and I are both based in Japan, we tend to get a lot of access from Japan. One of our friends suggested that we add a character explanation in Japanese. I did so, as well as adding an explanation of the world of Hexenringe (both accessible from the Pages tabs at the top of the blog), but I also thought it would be great to be able to reach the rest of the world as well.

SO...

I added a "Translate" widget (upper right) and transcripts to the episodes published so far so that people from all over the world can enjoy Hexenringe.

BUT as we all know, machine translation isn't perfect...
SO, I would like to ask our international/multilingual fans' help in adding more correct translations for the episodes.

TO add a better transcript translation, just post it as a comment under the episode using the same format as the English one. (I hope to work on the Japanese translation myself when I get the chance.)

That's the idea. If you have any thoughts or opinions, just let us know in the comments or email me.

Cheers!

International Comics Festival Tokyo 2013

 As you may know, Tomoko and I took part in the Int'l Comic Festival Tokyo 2013 last weekend, and we got the chance to meet people from all over the world!

I was especially excited as I got to talk to Katsuhiro Otomo (creator of Akira & Domu (my fave) and the recent award-winning animation Short Peace), Juanjo Guarnido (artist of Blacksad), and was especially happy to speak to one of my favorite creators Arthur de Pins (illustrator, animator). I also got sketches from Msr. de Pins and awesome comic creator and character designer Sean Galloway!

As for the Hexenringe Preview Book, we sold a few dozen and gave free sketches away with each one! It's quite humbling to have to have your art sit right next to Tomoko's...
She's just way too amazing!

I have more details about the event on my art blog.

We'll definitely be back next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment